"I'm a pickleball addict on the road to recovery." "Just kidding, I'm on the road to the pickleball courts"Anonymous
Welcome to your resource for pickleball health, pickleball training, pickleball fitness and pickleball related information. Our focus is to make you a more efficient, and better pickleball player.
We will improve your speed, agility, endurance, and reduce injuries with correct pickleball training. Strong pickleball performance begins with a strong body. Your body ultimately determines speed, agility, accuracy, and consistency in the game.
We conduct a complete fitness analysis to help identify physical areas that may be limiting one’s pickleball game.
Participants will receive a complete fitness plan with pickleball-specific exercises, focusing on the fundamental swing mechanics, and overall speed and agility.
A customized fitness agenda will be created to meet individuals’ needs, resolve shortcomings, and enhance strengths. The program will focus on eliminating pain and postural faults, in efforts to restore the physical condition necessary for complete performance and injury prevention.
Participants will develop a heightened body awareness that will result in increased range of motion, improved posture, enhanced coordination, better balance, increased flexibility, added endurance, superior strength, and more agility and power.
Our State of the Art Pickleball Fitness Evaluation
We use a combination of 2 elements to analyze your pickleball performance:
1. First we use a form the TPI evaluation, Titleist golf developed an evaluation that takes 16 movements and compares them to the top golfers in the world to find out what needs to be improved in the average golfer, Tim Shevlin and the Matlacha Wellness team have taken this evaluation and modified it and made it the number one pickleball evaluation in the country.
3. Last is the Tim's Complete Wellness evaluation. Our evaluation has been created to truly get a feel for your body as a whole, we are able to look at mental health and physical health to get a complete wellness score. These three parts of our evaluation process give us the perfect starting point to maximize your results.
After both evaluations have been completed we go over your results and come up with a plan of action. As with all of our programs, you are not getting a cookie cutter program. You will receive the best program possible for you as an individual.
Your Custom Golf Training Program
- One-on-one personal training - A perfect workout routine designed specifically for you, taking all of the information from our evaluations, we will correct your limitations and make you a better pickleball player than you ever thought possible.
- At home stretching and exercises - Exercises and stretches designed to complement our one-on-one workouts. You will get full descriptions and videos of each exercise.
- Complete nutrition plan - Increase your overall health and wellness, lose unwanted body fat, decrease inflammation, and just feel better with our customized nutrition plan.
- Range Exercises - Warm-ups, weighted clubs, speed training programs, all designed to increase your distance and accuracy.
- Mindfulness - How often does your mind get in the way of your best game? With Tim's Mindfulness program you will learn techniques to be in the moment, and not let your mind get in the way.
What is TPI Certified?
TPI (Titleist Performance Institute) is the world’s leading educational organization dedicated to the study of how the human body functions in relation to the golf swing. Since its inception in 2003, TPI has studied thousands of golfers ranging from the top professional tour players to weekend enthusiasts. An incredible amount of data on players of all shapes, sizes, ages, and fitness levels has been gathered during this time. Using this data, TPI discovered how a properly functioning body allows a player to swing a golf club in the most efficient way possible. Additionally, TPI has analyzed how physical limitations in a player’s body can adversely affect the golf swing and potentially lead to injury. TPI’s mission is to educate golfers and industry professionals on the body/swing connection through its one of a kind ‘TPI Certified’ educational program. This program was developed by founders Dr. Greg Rose and Dave Phillips along with a 52 member advisory staff of industry leading experts. Five unique fields of study are offered for TPI Certification: Golf, Medical, Fitness, Power and Junior Development. Tim Shevlin is certified in all five Titleist Performance Institute fields of study.
The main area that we focus on with pickleball is the Titleist's Power area of study. When studying this area we focused on golf, tennis, baseball, and pickleball all equally, it is the power area of study that most of your programming will come from.
Call us today at 470-604-0038 to set up your free in person or online evaluation.